It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How is it possible to delete an issue in the atlassian cloud?

Although I am admin, I get the following error message when trying to delete an issue:

Sie haben anscheinend versucht, eine Funktion auszuführen, zu deren Ausführung Sie nicht berechtigt sind.

Falls Sie der Ansicht sind, dass diese Meldung falsch ist, Wenden Sie sich bitte an Ihre Jira Administratoren.

What should I do? It seems even as admin I am not allowed to delete an issue.

4 answers

Deleting an issue is controlled by project permissions. Check your project's permission scheme.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/managing-project-permissions-776636362.html for more details.

Thank goodness for google translate.

You will need to ensure that Administrators have the delete issue permission

Project Settings > Permissions

Scroll to Delete Issue to check who has permissions

delete permission.png

If you do not have permissions scroll to the top Actions > Edit Permission

Hi!

I have the same issue, I'm over Jira Cloud Free so I can't edit permissions, but I belongs to administrator group and still can't delete issues. :( 

Any advice?

Thanks!

Thank youi, settign the permissions did help! I had to set them to me personally.

Awesome! Don't forget to upvote the answer for others =]

0 votes
Joe Pitt Community Leader Aug 09, 2018

Do not delete issues. When you delete it is GONE. Hardly a week goes by without someone wanting to restore an issue. Deleting issues will come back and bite you when it is the most inconvenient. I suggest closing with a resolution value of Deleted anything you want to delete. I implement a special transition only the project lead can execute and it requires filling in a reason field. Missing issue numbers will eventually cause a question about what it was and why was it deleted even if it was done properly. Missing data always brings in the question of people hiding something that may have looked bad.

The only viable way to restore an issue is to create a new instance of JIRA and restore a backup that has the issues. Then export them to a csv file and import them to your production instance. You will lose the history

I create test tickets and delete them. It doesn't have to necessarily be for a user.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

Jira Cloud for Google Sheets: Automatically Refresh Your Data!

Remember that time you realized it was possible to refresh your Jira data in Google sheets with just one click? What if we told you that you can now get the latest data with no clicks at all?! Zero! ...

7,369 views 33 29
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you