How i got login to confluence admin while i just login to jira admin?

jay singh August 4, 2016

i logged in with JIRA admin credentials and landed confluence admin page, though we are using crowd SSO.It should not have logged me in to admin page as both username are different, but passwords are same. Can anyone describe how it happened ?

1 answer

0 votes
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2016

You will have to provide more details if you want a meaningful answer. Do keep in mind that you are posting on a public forum, so maybe not too much detail, i.e. anonymised where appropriate.

"Logged in with JIRA admin credentials" - logged in into what? What was the URL you were trying to access?Normally you don't "land on Confluence admin page" unless you were trying to access it in the first place.

Usernames and passwords are irrelevant when you get access to particular part of the application. Group membership for the username is relevant so check your groups. Is your "JIRA admin" be a member of confluence admin groups?

Suggest an answer