How get work log for a user for specific range of period/sprint

I have been asked to submit a time sheet with details of JIRA items I have spent in past 1 month. I was recording my work log every day against't each of the items. Now I don't find a way to pull them.

I was looking at some reports like burndown chart etc., which I think are very less or not at all relevant to my purpose. I just need to get sum of work log for each JIRA item. Its a daunting task to go back to last 4 sprints, finding items which I have actually logged work. It would be fine for me if I can at least get the list of items I have logged work (irrespective of who it is currently assigned to because that keeps change from creating to closing) and then I can sum up hours manually. I hope there is an easy way, but I don't find one. Please help me.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

An indirect way is the following:

1.In issue navigator, get a list of all items you worked on.

e.g: Project = <projectkey> AND assignee was <your user name>

2. Add Time spent as a column.

3. Export as a csv.

To filter activities worked on during a specific period, add a condition on Sprint in (Sprint1,........)

Hi Lakshmi. Like I mentioned in my OP, in our project we keep switching assignee before it is moved to Done state. In some cases we log work even if is not assigned to us because we might have spent little time on it helping or supporting the actual assignee. If my understanding is correct, that filter won't fetch the details when I am not the assignee at the time of pulling metrics but I might have already spent some time on it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

218 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you