How get future sprints with jira agile api?

Deleted user August 24, 2017

If I make a GET - request to .../rest/agile/1.0/board/161/sprint, all closed and active sprints are shown. But I cannot see the future sprints. 

The "JIRA Agile REST API Reference" says, that I can only see the sprints I have the permissions to. But I am in every administrator group. 

I found out, that the request to: .../rest/greenhopper/latest/sprintquery/161?includeHistoricSprints=false&includeFutureSprints=true works. On the internet, however, GreenHopper is often displayed as obsolete. 

How can I use the agile rest api to get my future sprints or where do I have to change my permissions for that? 

And btw, what is better to use? agile or GreenHopper? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2017

Greenhopper is the original name of a plugin which became Agile, and then evolved into JIRA Software.  So there's no "better to use", it's the same thing.  The code still refers to greenhooper because no-one has refactored it for a new name.

The greenhopper call you've found is fine to use.  Greenhopper is obsolete, it's just a hangover name.

Deleted user August 24, 2017

thanks very much! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events