How get Top Menu in JIRA CLOUD?

Luis S_ May 17, 2018

AT THIS MOMENT MY MENU IS A VERTICAL MENU.. 

IS POSIBLE CHANGE TO TOP MENU (HORIZONTAL)

ACTUAL.PNGI NEED THIS.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Ondrej Havel February 5, 2020

Hi Luise,

you can use the Chrome extension to resolve your problem.

Or wait to implementation the new look of Jira menu, it's described here: JRACLOUD-73180

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2018

Please, stop SHOUTING

You can't revert back to the old style layout on Cloud, Cloud users are stuck with the left-hand side bar now.

If it is important to you, then you should migrate from Cloud to Server - the new layout does not look likely to go to Server for a long time.  (For which I am glad, because I think I like the Cloud layout just as much as you do!  I really don't think it's ready to go to the users yet)

Luis S_ May 17, 2018

jejeje thank you very much Nic, it is clear to me then. regards

Olaf Kilian October 15, 2018

Agreed, the vertical menu is crap and very confusing. It's not only flipped but has a different structure, too, which makes it hard to use if you are used to Jira Server.

It also takes a lot of screen width, which is a valuable asset on my Macbook Pro 13".

Downvote.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2018

The only way to get the top menu is to migrate to Server.

Olaf Kilian October 15, 2018

We want to migrate from Server to Cloud because won't be bothered with running own Servers for this. I think SaaS solutions are the future in this regards. But Atlassian makes it hard to switch for such reasons.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2018

Have you considered the middle option?  A third party running Jira Server for you?

Simon Wagemyr October 30, 2018

I find the new layout to be a big mistake. I can not feasibly run Jira Server, as I have Jira for a board and the board will most certainly not always have someone competent enough to administer the server.

The ideal solution would be for Atlassian to give you the option, or simply go back to the old design, not force people to use server version or have to use a third party for administration.

It is simply a weird design choice on Atlassians part. Time to kill whoever's darling this might be.

Like Daniel Yong likes this
Olaf Kilian October 30, 2018

Simon, I absolutely agree.

Suggest an answer