How does '~' operator works?

Please note that my question is very generic. 

There is a one issue that holds this value in description. The value is "www.EnsayosTDAHMisHijos.com". When I search using below I get no results:

text ~ ensayostdahmishijos.com

text ~  EnsayosTDAHMisHijos.com

text ~ "ensayostdahmishijos.com"

text ~ "EnsayosTDAHMisHijos.com"

When I add "www" front of the search term so example www.ensayostdahmishijos.com I am getting result back. 

1 answer

0 vote
Josh Steckler Community Champion Jun 20, 2017

JIRA does not handle substring searches out of the box with the ~ operator. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-6218

Another relevant issue: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-31882

If substring search is a requirement, you'll unfortunately need to look into a plugin to extend JQL functionality.

Josh in this case we have an issue that hold value as "www.chimestudy-es.com/?p=866" and when you search as text ~ "chimestudy-es.com", it returns the result. 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

143 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you