How does a non-admin determine administrators in a project?

Kelley Cooper January 11, 2018

What if I'm just an every day Jira user and I need to determine WHO the project admins are in my project? 

We come up against this constantly...if users could determine the admins of their projects they could go directly to them for help.  Instead, our global admins are constantly asked to grant users access to roles in different projects because the users have no way of determining who the admins are in their project.  I've seen posts where this info can be retrieved via SQL or the Admin helper...but none of these options help the non-admin user.

I feel like this is something really simple and I'm going to feel really dumb when someone responds and tells me how easy it is for a non-administrator to see the list of administrators in a project. :)

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2018

Annoyingly, you still can't really do this.

The project lead is exposed to users when they go to the project header, but that's it.

Years ago (Jira 3.0), I wrote an add-on that provided a project panel that listed both sets of admins for a project (those with project admin, then the system admins separately).  It is something I keep meaning to upgrade and throw on the marketplace.

Kelley Cooper January 11, 2018

Thanks, Nic...give that add-on some thought...I imagine we are not the only ones for which this is a problem. ;)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 11, 2018

You are definitely not alone!  That's why I wrote the plugin, and one of the things that got me into the community - you all helped me design and write it. 

But it still is for 3, and I'm not sure I even have the code any more!

Suggest an answer