How do you search for all Sub-tasks that have a parent task of a specific Issue Type?

Grayson Bishop January 5, 2018

I want to create a JQL search that shows all sub-tasks whose parents are a specific issuetype?

We are using the Cloud version so I can't get the JIRA Tricks Plug-in

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2018

Script Runner for Jira Cloud can achieve that through enhanced search with a query like this:

issueFunction in subtasksOf("type = <ISSUE TYPE>")

Note that this kind of search is executed outside JIRA's built-in Issue Navigator.

There's a rough workaround for achieving this with no need of plugins, but it requires several steps for it to function on a per query execution basis, so it is definitely not a handy solution... unless you need to get that info just a few times... If you are willing to invest about 15 minutes each time you need to get that info, let me know, and I'll explain this kind-of solution.

Regards

Grayson Bishop January 8, 2018

Thanks Ignacio. I was trying to make this work without getting a new plugin, but it seems like we won't be able to do this. Thanks for your tip!

Suggest an answer