How do you save a Filtered Report to a Dashboard and have the report open up in a global view?

Deanne Wilson January 31, 2020

How do you save a Filtered Report to a Dashboard and have the report open up in a global view?

Currently, when another person opens up the public filtered report that was shared to a dashboard they see their own last defaulted fields and not those created by the creator of the filtered report. The filtered report has been made public.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 3, 2020

Hello Deanne,

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand that you want the Filter Results gadget in your dashboard to always display the fields/columns defined by the gadget creator, not allowing the other users to change the fields in their views. Is that correct?

I believe this functionality cannot be achieved with the Filter Results gadget since it was deployed to be a free tool so users can select whatever fields they need at that moment. 

I believe the only way that you might give the users the "default" fields selected by the filter creator would be by using the filter in the issue navigator page itself, where they have the option to access the "System mode" using the List view:

Screen Shot 2020-02-03 at 17.27.54.png

That being said, could you please let us know exactly what is your final goal? Maybe we can provide you a different approach to what you are trying to achieve or create a feature request so our developers can consider your requirements and feedback.

Suggest an answer