How do you map a Fisheye Repository to a JIRA project?

Andrew Leonard August 4, 2014

I need to know how to map Fisheye Repositories in JIRA 6.3.1. This is part of an upgrade from version 4.2.2. I found this page where I can do it in the old version

http://mycompanyjira/secure/admin/AssociateFishEyeReps!default.jspa

But I can't find anywhere in JIRA 6.3.1 to do this. The same path doesn't work in the new version.

Please do not send me to the link below, or any pages that links to. I don't care about associating issues with reviews with tickets, I just need to associate repos with projects.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+FishEye#IntegratingJIRAwithFishEye-Step2.ConfiguretheFishEyePlugininJIRA

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2014

Hi Andrew,

You can do this by creating a Project Link in the Administration page of your JIRA project.

1. Go to JIRA's Administration > Projects
  2. Click in the name of your project you want to associate with the repository, and scroll down the page. Click in Configure Project Links under Settings
  3. Click in Add Link and select your FishEye instance.
  4. In the popup that opens, start typing the name of your repository. It will show up in a list. Select it, then select the option "Yes, create a link from FishEye Repository (...)" and click in Create.

The Project Link between your JIRA project and the FishEye repository will be created.

Andrew Leonard August 5, 2014

Thank you so much! I have been able to make the associations.

J July 16, 2015

Is this still valid? "Note that we do not recommend the use of project links with FishEye 2.9 and later", according to this page (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/FISHEYE/Linking+FishEye+to+JIRA#LinkingFishEyetoJIRA-Projectlinks). What's the recommended way to do this now?

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2015

Hi JW,

This option is still valid. The recommendation of not creating it is because it's not necessary, i.e. the Application Link itself provide everything JIRA needs to be able to return information from FishEye/Crucible, thus the Project Link isn't necessary for this.

Still, you have the option to create it if you want to take benefit from what's pointed in this documentation. Besides what's described in the doc there's also one additional point: when you have a link created between a JIRA project and a Crucible project, when creating reviews from JIRA issues the popup to select the Crucible project in which the review should be created will come with the Crucible project linked already selected - just a convenience.

Regards,
Gustavo Refosco

J July 17, 2015

So instead of Project Links, we should set Summary > Settings > Repository Path in the project's settings, right?

gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2015

Hi, Not necessarily, you can still create a Project Link at Summary > Settings > Configure Project Links. In the Project Links configuration page you can then click in Add Link, select your FishEye instance and type a repository name, so it will find your repository to be linked to your project.

Suggest an answer