How do you make the status change once issue is assigned?

Mai Tran May 9, 2016

Hello, I'm trying to get the status to change from New to Open once a ticket is assigned to an agent. I have added the transition and status to the workflow, but not sure how to get the logic part to work. I tried both Automation plug in and Listener tool but neither one worked. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2016

Hi Mai!

Typically what I would do in this situation is, instead of having the ticket automatically transition on setting the assignee, is to have a screen on the transition from New to Open that allows the assigner to set the assignee during the transition. 

Is there any particular reason you're attempting to do it this way?

Thanks!

Mai Tran May 9, 2016

Hi, Cody! Thanks for the help. Are you able to provide steps by steps instructions on how you would go about this?

It's is just something the end users wanted.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2016

Hey Mai!

Give this doc a look:

How to Add a Comment During a Transition

On Step 3, make sure that you add the field Assignee to the list, (don't just leave it empty like the step says).  

After you go through all the steps, when your users transition the ticket from New to Open, you'll be shown a screen where you can set the assignee and enter a comment, (if you wish).

Good luck!

Tom September 25, 2018

@CA [DiscoverEquip.com] 

Hi, this suggestion is fine Buy how can i achieve this without having two buttons saying assign?

Tom

Suggest an answer