How do you make a new custom field available for editing in the 'new' view?

Ben Cudars September 15, 2019

I have created a basic custom field (A label) which is empty by default.

When assigned a ticket on the old view, I would have to go into the edit screen first to give the field a value before it will appear on the main ticket. Which is a pain but I can understand why that is.

However in the new view, since my custom field does not have a value, it does not appear anywhere on the screen, same as the old view.  The problem is that the new view does not have an edit screen. As a result I am unable to give this field a value unless I go back to the old view. Once I give it a value the field will appear just fine in the new view.

Is there a way to make this empty custom field appear in the new view? Or is the only solution to default the value to something so that it will always appear.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 15, 2019

@Ben CudarsI went on to configure fields from this view (this is visible on top-right corner of screen in new view)

Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 12.15.26 PM.png

After adding field from that config, I have empty label field available as follow on issue right context.

Screenshot 2019-09-16 at 12.16.09 PM.png

Ben Cudars September 16, 2019

Wow, can't believe I missed something that simple. Thanks a ton for your answer.

Suggest an answer