How do you invoke JIRA issues from within a python program?

It is required to search for open issues in JIRA assigned to a user fro a command line input program written in python- any ideas? The SOAP API documentation is not as elaborate or clear as the REST API is.

2 answers

1 accepted

Thanks,Bob. I went throught the list and i need to use JQL from within Python. What are your thoughts on that?

The REST API is the way to go. There are Python libraries out there that make the process much easier, for example:

If you don't want to use third-party libraries, you can find some example Python code here:

Thanks ,Michael. I need to use SOAP API,bt without taking username and pswd from the user as input. and use JQL from within Python.Any thoughts on that?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,095 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot