How do you hide non-field components of JIRA issue detail view?

davidcsonka June 26, 2015

I know that custom fields or details fields can be modified in the Screen management area, things like type, status, priority, etc. stuff in the middle area of the issue details display. Those are not what I'm talking about.

I'd like to modify or hide the content displayed on the right side of the screen, info like the Harvest Time tracking plugin, the Hipchat integration component, the "People", and "Dates" sections.

Specifically, I'd like the Hipchat and Harvest time tracking integration blocks to not show up for non-developer users. Is there any way to control the things that show up on the right side of the issue details view page?

See below:

jira-screenshot.png

1 answer

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2015

Hi David, 

Usually the things that show up in there are things that the user has permission to access/view/edit. My suggestion is that you review the non-developers permissions to use those things. Once you revoke their permission, that should disappear from there for those users. 

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Suggest an answer