How do you get a story to be "Complete"?

David Brown February 26, 2020

I have an active sprint with 15 stories in it.  All 15 stories have a status of "Done", and the resolution is also "Done".  When I try to "complete the sprint", I get a message saying, "15 issues were incomplete".  These stories were part of another sprint, but were moved into this new sprint.

What in the world do you have to do to get these stories to be "Complete"?

2 answers

0 votes
Ashkan Malekly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2020

Hi @David Brown 

Do you have parallel sprint? If you have check the name of sprint that you want compelet.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2020

are the 15 issues in the far right most column of your board? That is required for the issues to be considered complete for sprint.

The far right column of the board is "Canceled" (which is also the status).  Our "Canceled" status, and our "Done" status both have their "Category" value set to "done".  Both statuses also have a post function that update the resolution to done when an issue get moved into the "done" or "canceled" status.

Jack, that was it.  I flip-flopped the "Done" and "Canceled" columns which made "Done" the last column on the board, and that fixed it!

The issues were "done" before I switched the columns around, so what is special about the last column of the workflow in Jira?  What is it doing to the issue that the issue status field, and the resolution field are not doing?

Thanks,
David

Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2020

Consider combining the done and canceled columns to save horizontal space.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2020

The last column is what Jira uses to process “complete sprint”.

Like darshan_mahashettiwar likes this

Suggest an answer