How do you filter the search query for planning increment (for example: Quarterly)

Shubham May 5, 2021

I would like to filter the epics for a given quarter (Q1 or Q2) for a given year. How do i do that?

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 vote
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

Hi @Shubham  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Do you mean to filter based upon the Due Date of the epic?  If so, you could use a hard-coded date to check.  Or you can check relative to the current year.  For example:

project = myProject AND issueType = epic AND duedate >= "2021-01-01" AND duedate <= "2021-03-31"

project = myProject AND issueType = epic AND duedate >= startOfYear("+3M") AND duedate < startOfYear("+6M")

Please look here for more information about advanced JQL searches:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/use-advanced-search-with-jira-query-language-jql/

Best regards,

Bill

0 votes
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 6, 2021

Hi @Shubham 

You can set JQL query as was suggested in the first response.

And if you have some issues with advanced searches, you can try Dynamic Filter: JQL Replacer & Gadgets add-on. It's developed by my team to simplify database queries. Add the required data with help of a visual composer as shown below:

year quater query.png

It's easy to choose dates here without JQL syntax knowledge:

quater query.png

Hope you find this helpful.

Regards

Suggest an answer