How do you create a new work flow?

Jane Kidney-Hermelin October 21, 2019

I am working on 'cleaning up' our JIRA. Our team has used it for several years, but now we need have outgrown the simple workflows used. I need to create a new workflow to start.  I wonder if there is a way to simplify the issues/issue types as well. 

2 answers

1 vote
Kevin Johnson
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2019

You can copy a workflow and create it just like that 

Or sit and spend time and recreate from the beginning

Settings then work flow then add new workflow

0 votes
Avinash Bhagawati _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2019

Hi @Jane Kidney-Hermelin ,

You need to go Settings > Issues > Workflows > Add Workflow to create new workflow and post creation you need map the workflow to project.

Please refer below documentation for your reference.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/working-with-workflows-828787890.html#Workingwithworkflows-creatingCreatingworkflows

If you want to minimise the issue types  then you need to move the issues in specific issue to another issue type and then you need to delete the issue type.

Before deleting an issue type, we recommend searching for all issues of that type and bulk editing them to select another existing issue type. You can then delete the original issue type without affecting existing work.

1. Select the  Jira settings > Issues.
  2. Click Issue types.
  3. Find the relevant issue type and click Delete.

Thanks,

Avinash

Suggest an answer