How do you clone multiple stories?

We want to clone a series of stories all at the same time. Is there a way to do this through JIRA?

Example is:

- We have 20 stories associated with each new project.

- We want to be able to use the old 20 stories (for a previous project) but with the new project name.

- If there are other ways besides cloning - like batch story creation - that would be great as well.

Thanks,

Jason

5 answers

1 accepted

You can't clone to another project without a plugin like Clone Plus Plugin for JIRA (not available with OnDemand). However, you can create issues via JIRA Command Line Interface using createIssue. See also How to create projects or sets of issues based on a template.

Can the stories be cloned to next sprint? Instead of moving them to next sprint i want to create a duplicate story , will cloning work for this?

Future plans to provide this within the On-Demand framework, Andrej?

+1 for Atlassian cloud support

That's not free anymore

No default means through the 0n-Demand infrastructure.

But, I bet a simple request through your Atlassian support channel could tackle the work for you at the db level. Don't quote me;).

0 vote
David Chan Atlassian Team May 21, 2013

There's not bulk operation for cloning in JIRA's interface, but you can do a search via the issue navigator and use the gear icon to clone each ticket.

It's not the most ideal, but it's faster than opening each individual ticket.

Or you can export all the fields to CSV file, and then import them again

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,317 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot