How do you change view board so stories with subtasks are NOT collapsed?

Spencer Long November 24, 2020

Quick filters, card layouts, any board configurations I have tired do not work. I have one project with stories with sub tasks and the stories do not displayed as collapsed with only subtasks expanded, but created new project and board with same configuration and cannot get the story to show as expanded without sub tasks!!

1 answer

0 votes
Marianne Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 24, 2020

Can you clarify a bit?  Are you trying to display the sub-tasks with the story parent?  Did you build a new scrum or kanban board?  This works best with a kanban board.

if you use a filter that includes sub-tasks

(eg... issue type in (story, task, sub-task)

they will display in sequence with the parent story in the header

sub-task.jpg

Current View- Story with Subtasks is Collapsed.PNGDesired View- Full Story Card Shown.PNG

No filters to include subtasks do not work. I don't care if subtasks display on the board but I do not like the the story they are attached to, sometimes to referred to as parent, is only shown as a header. I want the full story card to display on the board and filters are not the solution/ I have scrum board not Kanban board

Like Gregg Sirrine likes this
ERRAJI Hamza April 16, 2023

@Spencer Long 

i'am looking for the same solution

did you find an answer ?

Suggest an answer