How do you change email notification settings?

Dennis Howard January 22, 2020

I have all my Jira emails going to a junk folder because there's WAY to many to pay attention to but that means I also miss the ones where someone tags me on something I really need to see.  How can I change the settings to just send notifications for certain ones and not for every little change that someone makes?

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2020

You can't as a user. 

Notifications

I have found the default notification scheme is overkill everywhere I've setup JIRA. If you haven't setup the default user profile to exclude sending updates they make I suggest you change the default and have all the users modify their profile.  Talk to your users to see what they want. Most reporters want create, close, and maybe one or two other milestones statuses depending on the issue type. You can easily create custom events to put in the transition post functions for those events. If you allow people other than the assignee to work on the issue the assignee may want notification of things they do, especially update and comment. 

0 votes
elvir.dzeladin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2020

Hi,

You need to modify the Notification scheme, whcih can be applied to one or several jira project.

A notification is sent to a user/role/group when a event is triggered.

You can remove all notifications except issue assigned and comment I guess (to be minimal)

You need to be admin for modification of the notification scheme.

More info here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/creating-a-notification-scheme-776636401.html

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events