How do you automatically update the due date when the affects version is updated?

Maria Kalsoom May 17, 2023

I am trying to automatically update the due date when someone updates the affects version in JIRA, I currently have an automation rule in place although the audit log says "successful" when I check the ticket the field is still not updated

When value changes for Due Date then Edit Issue Due Date {{issue.AffectsVersion.releaseDate.max}}

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

Hello @Maria Kalsoom 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Please show us your complete Automation Rule, and also the details of the rule Audit Log for an execution of the rule.

Are you working in Jira Cloud or in Jira Server or Data Center?

Maria Kalsoom May 18, 2023

Please see my automation rule screenshot attached. The audit log says success however, when I go in to the ticket the due date is null. I am working in Jira Server.

Automation Rule.PNG

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

In the Audit Log you can expand an entry to show the details of the execution. What are those details?

The log entry will show Success as long as there was not a catastrophic error. It won't show an error if you have used an incorrect smart value to try to set a field.

Given that, I suggest that you add a Log action to print out to the Audit Log the smart value that you are trying to assign to your Due Date field to make sure you are getting a valid value from your smart value.

Based on the documentation here, I don't think AffectsVersion is a valid attribute for the issue object, unless that is a custom field that you added.

Suggest an answer