How do we verify cloud instance of JIRA

Sean H September 29, 2016

Good morning,

Following the instructions on this page I'm unsure given we are running a cloud instance of JIRA Software how to verify our domain.

We received a notification this morning via email regarding verification our domain as we have a password policy in place.

Are you able to please clarify the process?

Thank you in advance,

Cheers,
Sean

2 answers

0 votes
Kipland Iles October 13, 2016

I admit that this process is as clear as mud. Cloud users all have the atlassian.net suffix when they access their cloud instance. I don't think that domain needs to be verified and as Stefan already found, can't be verified. 

I think that the domains that need to be verified are identified by the domain portion of the users' email addresses. I have already discussed this at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/42686947.

If you download the verification HTML file and look at the source you can see additional instructions. Unfortunately, this will be problematic for a lot of folks.

I have direct access to my web server

• Upload this file to the root folder (top-level folder) of your domain's website.
  • Return to Atlassian admin screen to complete the verification process

I am using a CMS or other managed service

• Create a page with the path: /atlassian-domain-verification.html
  • Insert this token somewhere into the page: REDACTED
  • For security reasons please ensure that only site administrators can edit or post comments to this page
  • Return to Atlassian admin screen to complete the verification process
0 votes
SP September 29, 2016

Similar question here.

Having problems to upload the verification file.

I can connect to <mycloudinstance>.atlassian.net using WinScp and WebDav protocol.

Using my admin credentials I can upload files. But not to the root directory.

Result is 403 Forbidden

Regards

Stefan

Suggest an answer