How do we verify cloud instance of JIRA

Good morning,

Following the instructions on this page I'm unsure given we are running a cloud instance of JIRA Software how to verify our domain.

We received a notification this morning via email regarding verification our domain as we have a password policy in place.

Are you able to please clarify the process?

Thank you in advance,

Cheers,
Sean

2 answers

Similar question here.

Having problems to upload the verification file.

I can connect to <mycloudinstance>.atlassian.net using WinScp and WebDav protocol.

Using my admin credentials I can upload files. But not to the root directory.

Result is 403 Forbidden

Regards

Stefan

I admit that this process is as clear as mud. Cloud users all have the atlassian.net suffix when they access their cloud instance. I don't think that domain needs to be verified and as Stefan already found, can't be verified. 

I think that the domains that need to be verified are identified by the domain portion of the users' email addresses. I have already discussed this at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/42686947.

If you download the verification HTML file and look at the source you can see additional instructions. Unfortunately, this will be problematic for a lot of folks.

I have direct access to my web server

• Upload this file to the root folder (top-level folder) of your domain's website.
  • Return to Atlassian admin screen to complete the verification process

I am using a CMS or other managed service

• Create a page with the path: /atlassian-domain-verification.html
  • Insert this token somewhere into the page: REDACTED
  • For security reasons please ensure that only site administrators can edit or post comments to this page
  • Return to Atlassian admin screen to complete the verification process

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,121 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot