How do i fix a problem with an issue link type style - and what is it????

I'm trying to import a project and the validation is failing with an error that states: "The Issue Link Type 'Gantt Dependency' has style 'Gantt' in the backup, but has no style in the current system."

I have no idea what this means. I have an issue link called Gantt Dependency, I believe it was added to our system when we were previewing the Gantt Chart plugin. However, I have no idea what this link is used for, how, or what the heck a style is in this context.

If anyone can help with this it's really obstructing my ability to finish my migration to a new JIRA server. Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

I couldn't fix this, I just deleted the link entries from the database for the problem links and created a new backup, and that imported ok.

As an alternative if you are comfortable with databases, you can add the 'style' directly into the 'issuelinktype' table. Thats what I did and had to restart the JIRA service and then it was recognized properly

0 vote
Yilin Mo Atlassian Team Feb 16, 2013

I think you can temporary install the Gantt Chart plugin on the target instance to workaround the issue. or else you will probably need to remove the entities in the XML backup which will take a lot of effort.

I had that same thought when I saw the error message, so I did an install of the plugin to try to fix the problem, but it didn't work. Thanks for the idea, I have a ticket in with Atlassian so hopefully they'll be able to point me in the right direction.

As i had the same issue, i deleted the style = Gantt in the Xml files, and it works fine.

Update the entities.xml to remove the style: 

<IssueLinkType id="10020" linkname="Gantt Dependency" inward="has to be done after" outward="has to be done before" style="Gantt"/>

OR add style to target database

update issuelinktype set pstyle = 'Gantt' where linkname = 'Gantt Dependency';

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Alexey Matveev
Published Saturday in Jira

How to run Jira in a docker container

Everything below is tested on Ubuntu 17.10. I prefer to use Jira in a docker container because: 1. I can install Jira with a couple of commands. 2. I can start and stop Jira just by starting and s...

552 views 6 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot