How do i find an issue when the log just gives me the number "Indexing failed for Issue - '76728'"

Jeremy Cejka February 12, 2021
2021-02-12 01:13:12,353+0000 IssueIndexer:thread-19 WARN jcejka 73x1006x1 1glkuqn 192.168.249.1,192.168.5.24 /secure/admin/IndexReIndex!reindex.jspa [c.a.jira.index.AccumulatingResultBuilder] Indexing failed for Issue - '76728'
2021-02-12 01:13:12,353+0000 IssueIndexer:thread-19 WARN jcejka 73x1006x1 1glkuqn 192.168.249.1,192.168.5.24 /secure/admin/IndexReIndex!reindex.jspa [c.a.jira.index.AccumulatingResultBuilder] DocValuesField "ISSUEPROP_async-game$playerNames" appears more than once in this document (only one value is allowed per field)
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: DocValuesField "ISSUEPROP_async-game$playerNames" appears more than once in this document (only one value is allowed per field)
at org.apache.lucene.index.SortedDocValuesWriter.addValue(SortedDocValuesWriter.java:67)
at org.apache.lucene.index.DefaultIndexingChain.indexDocValue(DefaultIndexingChain.java:550)
at org.apache.lucene.index.DefaultIndexingChain.processField(DefaultIndexingChain.java:466)
at org.apache.lucene.index.DefaultIndexingChain.processDocument(DefaultIndexingChain.java:392)
at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriterPerThread.updateDocument(DocumentsWriterPerThread.java:240)
at org.apache.lucene.index.DocumentsWriter.updateDocument(DocumentsWriter.java:497)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.updateDocument(IndexWriter.java:1729)
at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.addDocument(IndexWriter.java:1464)
at com.atlassian.jira.index.MonitoringIndexWriter.addDocument(MonitoringIndexWriter.java:63)
at com.atlassian.jira.index.WriterWrapper.addDocuments(WriterWrapper.java:104)
at com.atlassian.jira.index.WriterWithStats.addDocuments(WriterWithStats.java:134)
at com.atlassian.jira.index.Operations$Create.perform(Operations.java:166)
at com.atlassian.jira.index.Operations$Completion.perform(Operations.java:346)
at com.atlassian.jira.index.DefaultIndexEngine$FlushPolicy.perform(DefaultIndexEngine.java:76)
at com.atlassian.jira.index.DefaultIndexEngine.write(DefaultIndexEngine.java:142)
at com.atlassian.jira.index.DefaultIndex.perform(DefaultIndex.java:28)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer$IndexIssueOperation.createResult(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:1036)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer$IndexIssueOperation.createResult(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:1010)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer$EntityOperation.lambda$perform$3(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:835)
at java.base/java.util.Optional.map(Optional.java:265)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer$EntityOperation.perform(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:835)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer.lambda$null$4(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:513)
at com.atlassian.jira.index.SimpleIndexingStrategy.apply(SimpleIndexingStrategy.java:7)
at com.atlassian.jira.index.SimpleIndexingStrategy.apply(SimpleIndexingStrategy.java:5)
at com.atlassian.jira.index.MultiThreadedIndexingStrategy$1.call(MultiThreadedIndexingStrategy.java:47)
at com.atlassian.jira.index.MultiThreadedIndexingStrategy$1.call(MultiThreadedIndexingStrategy.java:43)
at com.atlassian.jira.util.concurrent.BoundedExecutor$2.call(BoundedExecutor.java:68)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

Ive read thru this article.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/reindexing-failed-com-atlassian-jira-index-indexingfailureexception-indexing-completed-with-1-errors-776811617.html

With the information above "Indexing failed for Issue - '76728'"
How do i find issue 76728. its not in an issue number, the issue key isnt identified, and Im pretty sure none of my projects have up to 70k ticket numbers.

This would help me identify the offending ticket and delete and retry.

1 answer

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2021

Hi @Jeremy Cejka ,

76728 is issue's id, so one of the possible ways is to use JQL:

id = 76728 
Jeremy Cejka February 13, 2021

@Hana Kučerová 

I had tried that previously.

tried both id and issue = 76728

None of the projects I have individually have more than the incremented ticket number at above 40k 

Just realized that last part is irrelevent.  lol

Not sure else how to find the offending ticket.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2021

@Jeremy Cejka 

If you insert this URL to the browser:

https://you-instance-url/rest/api/2/issue/76728

What happens?

Thank you.

jiradb=# SELECT id,issuenum,project FROM jiraissue WHERE id=76728;

id   | issuenum | project

-------+----------+---------

76728 |     2058 |   14505

Going backwards to determine the project number,

Ive figured out the issuekey. 

But its not visible in the interface.

Ironically your way was much easier, but it was a good lesson above getting back into sql queries.  

Using your method validated that the issuekey matches.

It returns a slew of xml data for the ticket. But the ticket number cant be found in JIRA. 

So I guess I just purge it from the database? 

Ill wait on your advice to figure out what to do next, now that we found the offending ticket.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2021

Hi @Jeremy Cejka ,

I found this question (and it looks like you too :-)), so we probably know now, which application is problematic.

Is there some Planning poker application installed in your Jira? If so, which one? Is there a newer version available?

My concern about this problem is removal of one issue won't be enough and the error appears again.

Also, if you uninstall the application, there could still be problems, because of the data stored in the database.

I would recommend you to contact the vendor of the application. There's a good chance they know about this problem and they should provide you steps, how to fix this without damaging other data.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events