"ISSUEPROP_async-game$playerNames" appears more than once in this document

UNICEF Comité Español - Sistemas December 18, 2020

/secure/admin/jira/IndexReIndex!reindex.jspa [c.a.jira.index.AccumulatingResultBuilder] Indexing failed for Issue - 'xxxx'

/secure/admin/jira/IndexReIndex!reindex.jspa [c.a.jira.index.AccumulatingResultBuilder] DocValuesField "ISSUEPROP_async-game$playerNames" appears more than once in this document

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: DocValuesField "ISSUEPROP_async-game$playerNames" appears more than once in this document (only one value is allowed per field)

Planning Poker Version: 3.0.11-SNAPSHOT

Jira Software Version: 8.9.1

4 answers

0 votes
Jeremy Cejka February 22, 2021

update plugin to the latest version (3.0.13-SNAPSHOT) as it has few bug fixes and also an additional URL which helps to fix the “indexing error”.

After update, please watch this short video-helper how you can fix the problem 

https://www.screencast.com/t/F9r0kwmp 

What should be done:

1. Get all needed rows from ENTITY_PROPERTY table, as we discussed in previous comments.
  2. Log in into Jira and in new tab enter next API URL like - http(s)://your_jira_server//rest/agile.estimation.3.0_private/1.0/game/fix-issues-indexing?issueIds=list_of_issue_ids where list_of_issue_ids a comma separated ENTITY_ID values from the table (please watch video-helper).
  3. Run prepared url in the opened new tab and check results in db.

After you run the API request all specified rows should be fixed and “indexing” should work again.

0 votes
Jeremy Cejka February 18, 2021

@UNICEF Comité Español - Sistemas 

Ive been working with the vendor but figured Id at least share some of this. 

For Issue - xxxx

thats the issue ID that has bad formatting in it.  from the vendor a particular release or range of releases improperly stored the playerNames and playerAccountIds.

You can get the ISSUEKEY from your issue_id above

https://you-instance-url/rest/api/2/issue/<ISSUEXXXX>

the XML/JSON will tell you the ISSUEKEY in the results.

Assuming your running on linux and using postgres (which i am) do the following

ssh

su - postgres

psql -d <jiradb name>

a) 

SELECT * FROM ENTITY_PROPERTY WHERE PROPERTY_KEY = 'async-game'

b) If you have results then just rerun the below to export these results to CSV

COPY (SELECT * FROM ENTITY_PROPERTY WHERE PROPERTY_KEY = 'async-game') TO '<location>/filename' DELIMITER ',' CSV HEADER; 

note: location is where postgres can write to, I just used the absolute path of the postgres user directory

scp that down to a machine that has excel to import the data and format so you can look at it. 

Its comma delimited so remember that. 

of note: you can also get this via a get request

curl --user <username> -X GET https://<jira url>/rest/api/2/issue/<ISSUEKEY>/properties/async-game

Same results look at  playerNames and playerAccountIds

Look in the entity_id column and find your issue, expand the json and look at the very end. 

In my case I had 

...,"playerNames":["Some User1","Some User2"],"playerAccountIds":["user1","user2"]}

Per the vendor its supposed to be 

["Some User1,Some User2"],"playerAccountIds":["user1,user2"]}

Now, we know what we need to fix, how to fix it well thats beyond me.  

In my case, the JSON for my bad ticket is huge. and it appears to not be formatted well. 

If the above all kind of matches your problem.  Ill post the fix once I have mine figured out.

Jeremy Cejka February 18, 2021

sorry for all the edits, I kind of just realized the holes in what i was trying to say and fill in the gaps incase it left you in the dark.

0 votes
Jeremy Cejka February 13, 2021

I have the same issue

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2021

Ok, same answer as before.

Jeremy Cejka February 16, 2021

Thanks. I know its a bug but the vendors response was "Install the latest and it should resolve the problem". 

I am running at the latest. So was wondering if anyone else solved this exact same problem excluding the canned answer from the vendor. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

This is usually down to some code that does not write the right thing into the index when a field is updated.  A bug in other words.  It is also possible to get this broken index if

You may be able to fix it by running a re-index on the project(s) or whole system (background so people can carry on using it), but doing that at a time when you know no-one will be activly using Planning Poker.  That usually fixes it when the problem was created by a hard-shutdown, but probably won't help if it's a bug. 

I see you're getting the error from "reindex.jsp", so I am going to guess that you've already tried it, which would confirm that it is a bug

However, given the name of what it is has written to the index, I would say the bug is in the planning poker app, so you will want to raise it with the vendor of that.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events