How do i create a queue in service desk based on the form it was entered on

Joe Morris June 4, 2015

So i have two forms going into one service desk, one for each specific division.

I would like to create a filter (queue) of the service desk tickets showing how many have been entered by form A and how manyhave been entered in form B.

I thought i might be able to do this using the groups field which you add when creating the form but this does not seem to be a filter option.

Advice please smile

Regards

Joe

2 answers

0 votes
Juan Peraza June 4, 2015

How about this.

Add a required field (let's say FormType) to the field configuration used by your service desk project.

Then, in the service desk settings, edit the fields for each request type, and add the new FormType field as a hidden field, and give the field a preset value.  The value could be (using your example) A or B.

Then, you can create a queue filter that filters off the field FormType.

The field won't be visible in the Customer Portal.

0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 4, 2015

Hey, hi Joe! 

I think you can achieve this if your forms are using different issue types. Just create a filter using that field and you should be all set. smile

Let us know if this helps!

Cheers!

Joe Morris June 4, 2015

Sadly they could have the same issues, is there a way to do it by input form? or is there a way to auto label the requests as they come in so i can filter on them?

Suggest an answer