How do i create a JQL query where assignee is the same as reporter

Vincey Bhan November 1, 2019

I am trying to build a complex query for my project where i need to identify when the ticket was moved back to reporter for missing information. The status for the ticket would move from NEW --> Missing Information and assignee would be the person who filed the ticket. An example query (which did not work for me) is

"project = "Change Request" AND "To Be Fixed Version" in ("2019.1 [2019.1]", "2019.2 [2019.2]", "2020.1 [2020.1]") AND status changed from NEW to MI assignee was in reporter  

2 answers

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2019

It's not possible without plugins. For example Script Runner has the expression function, which allows you to do:

issuefunction in expression("project = FOO", "assignee = reporter")

The first expression is a filter query which you could leave as en empty string to run "assignee = reporter" on every issue.

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2019

you would need an addon for that, e.g. Scriptrunner. I beleive it has an expression function that would allow something like "assignee = reporter"

Suggest an answer