How do i create Jira Templates ?

J. Jonah Jameson June 2, 2016

Hi All,

In JIRA when creating a project i seem to be repeating myself a lot, i was wondering if there is a way to create project templates so i can base a new project from that template.

For example i create multiple projects for web development. There are a series of tasks that need to happen in every instance of a web development project so "Setup hosting" "Install wordpress" Things like this so what i would like to be able to do is create a new project with all these tasks pre-defined.

Is this possible ? 

2 answers

0 votes
J. Jonah Jameson June 5, 2016

Hi,

So i will need to change from Cloud based product to the self hosted as well as purchase another add on. There isn't a way of doing this already ?

0 votes
George Dinkov _Botron_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2016

Hi Connor,

That's exactly one of the jobs our add-on Configuration Manager for JIRA does - including support for Agile boards.
However it works only for server instances, there isn't a solution for JIRA cloud currently.

Suggest an answer