It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do i bulk update update issues with a new epic?

I have uploaded a number of issues to Jira and cannot work out how to bulk update the cards with a new epic. any advice welcome. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
  1. Search for the issues
  2. From the top right, click the ellipse and select bulk update (you'll need to have been granted bulk update privileges by your administrator)
  3. Select Bulk Edit
  4. Find the Epic Link field and assign the epic 
  5. Continue through the bulk update screens until the bulk update is run

Thank you for your answer. So, I have tried this and it doesn't work for me. This is a licensed product (Paid for) so not sure why this is the case. I will need to investigate further. 

The epics do not appear in the list and the message I get is that "Portfolio for Jira must be licensed for the parent link to be available".

You'll want to assign the epic link not the parent link.  parent link is a portfolio only field (as you discovered) for extending epics and other issue types with additional parent hierarchies. 

I think that epic link dropdown is auto complete so you'll want to start typing in the epic name and it'll start showing you options.

Hi Randy thank you. I tried typing but nothing comes up. I will keep investigating! 

In Step 1, Choose Issues, if you have any subtasks selected, you will not see the option to select an Epic Link in Step 4, Operation Details. Select only parent issues in Step 1, and you will see the option to select a new Epic link to update in Step 4. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you