How do I write a report/filter that shows tickets assigned to me and resolved in a quarter

ckf October 18, 2019

Hello. I do not know the reporting language at all, I've googled, but I am not finding what I am looking for.

Every quarter, I would like to run a report/filter to see list of all the JIRA tickets that were assigned to me, and that I resolved. So basically, If I run it on 10/1/19, for example, it will give me the applicable JIRAs tickets for the last 90 days.

However, If I run it on 10/18/19, I'd have to know how to specify the previous quarter, excluding the 18 days of October.

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows how to do this.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2019

You could use a JQL (Jira Query Language) query like

resolved >= 2019-07-01 AND resolved <= 2019-09-30 AND assignee in (currentUser())

A good trick to leave the JQL (jira query language) is to start by using the "basic" mode where you can use drop downs and such to build simple queries" and then switch to "advanced" so you can see the actual JQL that is generated.

(note: that query assumes that you were the assignee when it was resolved, and no one changed the assignee after the fact. If you resolved a ticket that wasnt assigned to you, or if someone changed the assignee after the fact, then this query would not catch it. Actually catching who made the transition would be trickier, and depend on your workflow)

ckf October 18, 2019

Wow! That was quick.  Thank you very much, Andrew!

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2019

Just to add - you can history search on assignee - so if the assignee has changed, you could add "assignee was currentUser()" - finding both tickets which are and were assigned to you previously!

Ste

Like Praveen Kesaralli likes this
ckf October 19, 2019

Thanks Stephen. I think the "was" is what I want.

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 22, 2019

Hi ckf,
In addition to the suggested solution and supposing you are using Jira Server:

if you really want to query issues within real quartes (I mean not the last 90days) you can have a look to the endOfQuarter()  and startOfQuarter() provided by JQL Booster Pack (FREE) with allow you to dinamically query issues within the current or past quarters of year.

Hope this helps,
Regards

ckf October 22, 2019

Thanks!

Suggest an answer