How do I view closed Sprints?

Cheryl Dunning January 15, 2016

20 answers

2 accepted

34 votes
Answer accepted
Jim Constant January 15, 2016

Go to Reports > Sprint Report, and then choose the sprint from the dropdown menu.

William Alves December 16, 2018

I use Jira Cloud. There isn`t a  "Reports"  tab  nor  "Sprint Report,".

Like # people like this
Victor Tassinari Martins February 10, 2019

I too

dulu April 3, 2019

did it for me too !

Saúl Carranza Gallardo April 15, 2019

Yasith_Prabuddhaka April 18, 2019

Used Burnup report to see past sprints since there is no sprint report

Like Automation Guys likes this
Haibo Yang May 15, 2019

without the Sprint Report you will not be able to reopen closed Sprints...

That Burnup Report only gives you limited visibility into previous Sprints...

Like # people like this
yasithph May 15, 2019

Thanks

oishee June 24, 2019

It would be great to get the Sprint report also for 'next-gen projects'. Since this is an essential component of release planning - you always want to be able to see at a glance whats gone live when. 

Like # people like this
Lothar Schlüter September 19, 2019

There is no "Reports" menu, but on a pictogram there is a snake with an arrow head. It's located somewere in the middle left side of of your screen, quite small and hard to find. You'll have to click on the snake and then you'll see many different reports. There you click on "sprint report", which allows you to see your finished sprints (no report here). I wonder why this tool is so screwed up?

Like # people like this
Suresh Ghanta December 29, 2019

This worked for me, thanks!

rcole June 30, 2020

Is it normal that we have to google to find really basic functionality in Jira?

Like # people like this
kamal pratap July 24, 2020

Go to Project Settings > Features > Turn On Reports
then go to Reports > Burnup Reports.
There you can find the list of all sprints.

Like # people like this
Ever David Salgado May 3, 2021

Thanks so much! this help me 

Marco Tizzano May 30, 2022

Thanks a lot. It helped a lot!

abhishek_sharma03
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2022

This is useful when we have to see the closed sprints in one project. How about when the need is to view all closed sprints across multiple projects ?

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 25, 2022

For detailed information on closed sprints in TMP projects - including burndown chart, issues completed, scope change, etc - the best report is the Sprint Burndown chart!

12 votes
Ann Krause November 9, 2018

The only reports I see are an Overview, Burnup and Velocity report. There is no Sprint report. :(

Haibo Yang May 15, 2019

We had exactly the same experience with a new project opened in Jira. The problem was caused by our decision to try the "new gen project" promoted by Jira which somehow only allows limited features and reports. Once we created a classic project, all the reports and features are back to normal. 

Like # people like this
phamxuandung August 13, 2019

This is the funny. Jira invited message said try to use next gen project. But this kind of project lack many important features. 
It make me down so much!

Like # people like this
8 votes
Josh Elias June 12, 2019

For next-gen projects you can go to Issues and filters, select your project and filter by sprints.

Gerrit Van Woudenberg July 22, 2019

This worked for me with a Next Gen Project.  Thanks!

Kristian Clemmensen October 1, 2019

Just the answer I looked for. It works for me :O)
Thanks

Dave Dorgan March 17, 2020

Where do I find Issues and Filters?

Like # people like this
Dave Dorgan April 23, 2020

You can find the Stories, however there is no indication of which Sprint each Story was in.

8 votes
Admin March 7, 2019

Time to find another better tool. JIRA messed everything up. Terrible

Tran Quang Long October 20, 2019

I thought you are Admin of Jira =]]

Like Jeri Haapavuo likes this
5 votes
Gary.Samuelson March 12, 2019

Is there a workable answer... here? 

Haibo Yang May 15, 2019

If you are using the new gen project template in Jira, try roll back to classic project and see if you can access the Sprint Report. Good luck! 

oishee June 24, 2019

You could go to the burndown report to get past details. But its tedious and you need to go sprint by sprint.. :/

rcole June 30, 2020

my god jira is trash! How is it possible that this is the industry standard. Really really awful!

Like # people like this
3 votes
Sang Dang November 28, 2018

I think the UI already update and I couldn't find it.
The UX right now is really terible. 

I used your project more than 5 years+. Right now I completely dissapointed. 

It really worst of my time. 

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 17, 2021

The most reliable way to see information about previous sprints in Company-Managed Projects is to use the Velocity Report.

1. From the board you’d like to see the previous sprint on, click Reports in the left sidebar

2. Select the Velocity Chart

3. A list of recently closed sprints is below the chart:
    sprint-list.png

4. Select any sprint displayed to view the sprint’s velocity chart and status report

5. At the top of the chart, a dropdown allows you to select the report for any previously closed sprint
    velocity.png

Don’t see the Reports option in the sidebar? A project admin may need to enable them in Next-Gen / Team-Managed projects:

1. Click Project Settings on the left sidebar

2. Select Features on the left sidebar

3. Enable the toggle for Reports from the feature list

In Team-Managed projects, the Sprint Burndown chart offers more comprehensive information about completed sprints.

2 votes
Peter Dolkens September 18, 2019

Yet another example of Jira removing flexibility that it was built upon, and forcing people down "one path" of doing things, which isn't compatible with a large number of workflows out there in the real world.

2 votes
Anatoly Spektor June 24, 2019

I have put together a quick video tutorial, for how to view closed sprints - hope that helps: https://youtu.be/YH6WhyZQQfo

rcole June 30, 2020

Please stop doing atlassian's work for them for free. 

Like # people like this
1 vote
Harun Juhasz June 29, 2019

This isn't very convenient.

1 vote
Cheryl Dunning January 15, 2016

Excellent! This works - thank you.

0 votes
Muhammad Shazar January 4, 2021

This worked for me.

First Project Settings -> Features -> Turn On Reports

then go back, there you'll find the Reports option.

Reports -> Burnup Reports.
There is your list of sprints.

Dean Zimmermann January 26, 2021

You can also type "g"  then "i" to see the JQL query and type "sprint = <sprint#>".

Unfortunately, it doesn't work by sprint name.

0 votes
Pawel Cioch October 30, 2020

Jira is such a garbage, if I'm on sprint 27, why there is no simple link view previous sprint?

Reporting is good for those who care about them, I want to see what tickets I've completed previous sprint to look them up for certain reasons.

Cool sprint was closed but why not to be able to view it same was as it was not closed.

This software is so advanced that is useless

0 votes
Steven Linn October 2, 2020

Go to Project Settings, hit Features, and enable "Reports" and "Issues" so you can see those tabs. Then all your tickets are visible on those tabs.

Steven Linn October 4, 2020

So you're using a brand new account, ATLASSIAN CLOUD, not the product download/custom install, as my response was covering?

0 votes
Ru Hardie February 21, 2020

If like me you use Jira Cloud and can't see 'reports' in the menu, try this:

Click Jira logo; filters; search issues. Filter the list of issues by status, select 'done', then scroll right until you see the horizontal more icon in the top row, select 'agile board' from the options. This takes you to reports.

Ru Hardie April 27, 2020

So obvious, how could anyone miss it?

0 votes
rsnambiar2008 January 3, 2020

To get the list of stories in a closed sprint, you can use reports icon appearing on the left vertical panel. Reports doesn't show up on the top menu. It will be on the left panel with pi chart icon. Click on this and select 'Sprint Report', Once you select that, you will be able to choose any of the previous sprint to list all the stories.

0 votes
stephen_macdonald-fithye December 17, 2019

I dont know how much help this will be, but if you are looking for issues the were closed/removed along with a certain sprint you can still access these. If you scroll back through the 'viewed' tab on the 'your work' menu then you can see these closed issues. I realize scrolling back may be antiquated and laborious for a lot of people but its a method

0 votes
DNIssueCollector May 21, 2019

Issue Search filtering for Project and Sprint, then add a column to show Sprint. It will show the names of all sprints associated with the issues in a comma separated format.

If you are looking for a frozen snapshot of the sprint board at the moment it was closed, I do not know. Obviously, issues will have transitioned between now and the close of the sprint.

0 votes
Christine Hartman February 6, 2019

I cant see my older sprints.

Suggest an answer