It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I view closed Sprints?

13 answers

1 accepted

22 votes
Answer accepted

Go to Reports > Sprint Report, and then choose the sprint from the dropdown menu.

I use Jira Cloud. There isn`t a  "Reports"  tab  nor  "Sprint Report,".

Like # people like this
JLD I'm New Here Apr 03, 2019

did it for me too !

Used Burnup report to see past sprints since there is no sprint report

without the Sprint Report you will not be able to reopen closed Sprints...

That Burnup Report only gives you limited visibility into previous Sprints...

Like Yasith Prabuddhaka likes this

Thanks

oishee I'm New Here Jun 24, 2019

It would be great to get the Sprint report also for 'next-gen projects'. Since this is an essential component of release planning - you always want to be able to see at a glance whats gone live when. 

Like # people like this

There is no "Reports" menu, but on a pictogram there is a snake with an arrow head. It's located somewere in the middle left side of of your screen, quite small and hard to find. You'll have to click on the snake and then you'll see many different reports. There you click on "sprint report", which allows you to see your finished sprints (no report here). I wonder why this tool is so screwed up?

The only reports I see are an Overview, Burnup and Velocity report. There is no Sprint report. :(

We had exactly the same experience with a new project opened in Jira. The problem was caused by our decision to try the "new gen project" promoted by Jira which somehow only allows limited features and reports. Once we created a classic project, all the reports and features are back to normal. 

Like # people like this

This is the funny. Jira invited message said try to use next gen project. But this kind of project lack many important features. 
It make me down so much!

Like # people like this

Time to find another better tool. JIRA messed everything up. Terrible

Wow, this is ridiculous 

Like # people like this

For next-gen projects you can go to Issues and filters, select your project and filter by sprints.

This worked for me with a Next Gen Project.  Thanks!

Is there a workable answer... here? 

If you are using the new gen project template in Jira, try roll back to classic project and see if you can access the Sprint Report. Good luck! 

oishee I'm New Here Jun 24, 2019

You could go to the burndown report to get past details. But its tedious and you need to go sprint by sprint.. :/

I think the UI already update and I couldn't find it.
The UX right now is really terible. 

I used your project more than 5 years+. Right now I completely dissapointed. 

It really worst of my time. 

I have put together a quick video tutorial, for how to view closed sprints - hope that helps: https://youtu.be/YH6WhyZQQfo

Excellent! This works - thank you.

1 vote

This isn't very convenient.

I cant see my older sprints.

0 votes

Issue Search filtering for Project and Sprint, then add a column to show Sprint. It will show the names of all sprints associated with the issues in a comma separated format.

If you are looking for a frozen snapshot of the sprint board at the moment it was closed, I do not know. Obviously, issues will have transitioned between now and the close of the sprint.

Yet another example of Jira removing flexibility that it was built upon, and forcing people down "one path" of doing things, which isn't compatible with a large number of workflows out there in the real world.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

Big refresh for Jira Software Cloud’s Public roadmap

It’s been a busy year in 2019 so far! There has been a lot of innovation happening in Jira Software Cloud, from new features in next-gen to Jira Software Premium to brand new integrations. Get the fu...

53 views 0 1
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you