It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I upgrade from the dchevell Docker images to the official Atlassian images?

Our current Dockerfile contains:

FROM dchevell/jira-servicedesk

When I change it to:

FROM atlassian/jira-servicedesk

and run a docker-compose up -d --build

it pulls the latest image, but fails to deploy.

I get the following error messages under the "Preparing to start Jira" page:

The following warnings should be fixed, but you can choose to ignore them and continue starting Jira.

! Upgrade: Custom changes have not been carried over

The listed configuration files contain custom changes.  To keep your current configuration, re-apply these custom changes to the new version of the files during upgrade.

- bin/setenv.sh

- conf/server.xml

Note: Make sure you only copy over the changes not the entire files.

At this point, I can click the button that says "Ignore all warnings and continue",

but the server never starts.  To my knowledge, we haven't *made* any custom changes to these files.  Any help would be appreciated.  I searched this forum without success; apologize I'm a Docker noob.  I'll keep digging through logs in the meantime; just wondered if anyone else ran into this.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Update:

The "Ignore all warnings and continue" button did finally work.  Got upgraded to 8.4.1 and seems to be working fine.

0 votes
Answer accepted

Details:
I didn't have to do anything special; logged in to host, did a docker-compose down which brought everything down.  Then did a docker-compose pull, which grabbed latest Postgres per our Docker compose files.  Then did a docker-compose pull atlassian/jira-servicedesk:latest which grabbed the latest version.  Then docker-compose up -d --build, and waited for the service to start.  It still threw the error, but I was able to continue, and it is up for our users today, with no apparent issues.

Josh

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

872 views 6 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you