How do I update an email address for a user?

Deleted user September 25, 2019

I am a site administrator, however I am unable to change my email address or anybody else's email addresses who has access to my page.

When I navigate to Profile and visibility to change, I get a message to say "Email Address is set by your Site Admin".

Can you please let me know how I can update these email addresses?

Many thanks, 

Astrid 

2 answers

1 vote
Ravya Mutyala _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2019

Hi @[deleted] ,

Based on Invite and remove users an admin cannot necessarily change a user's email address but can remove the user you don't want them to appear on your site.

But the user can make the changes, though:

Managing your user profile

You can also try accessing this link where you can update your Atlassian email ID

https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email?_ga=2.56889839.411789839.1569220667-1372120514.1552382236&_gac=1.213058848.1568375306.EAIaIQobChMInuKHoN3N5AIVkYRwCh1gQgauEAAYASAAEgIuGPD_BwE

--Ravya

0 votes
fran garcia gomera
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2019

You usually can modify email in admin/user admin

Do you have a LDAP as user directory? maybe is set so the email is read directly from that. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events