How do I uncancel a canceled issue?

Willem Schoeman September 6, 2015

I have encountered an unexpected situation when I used the cancel button. I thought it is only going to cancel the action that I was busy with, but it cancelled my entire issue. This is caused me to lose several weeks of work that I have lost and have to redo and I am not going to make my deadline. Please advise if there is a way to retrieve this issue because it will save me quite a bit of time as a user.

Would it be possible as a preventative measure to perhaps have a confirmation that indicates that clicking on that Cancel button will close the entire issue.

If this was there, then it would have prevented my situation I am in at the moment.

4 answers

1 vote
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2015

Hi Willem,

Could you please clarify what do you mean by Cancel ? Is it some transition in your Project Workflow and you clicked on it and now you are not able to do anything.

Or you are talking about Creating Issue screen and you entered all data but didn't click Create button but clicked cancel button.

For later case you cannot do much but for previous one you can definitely do something about it.

Taha

0 votes

Nope it is not part of the workflow. It is the cancel button on the screen.

If you guys can give me a email address I can show you what I mean.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2015

That's unclear. There are only two places you get a "cancel" button when updating an issue. Workflow, or dialogue. If it's the dialogue, then your administrator can't "cancel" it because the button is on YOUR screen. Which means the cancel idea must be part of the workflow.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2015

This sounds like "cancel" is part of your workflow (Taha was talking mainly about the dialog boxes that you get when you are moving issues through the workflow)

If I am right about the cancel being part of the workflow, then you need to change the workflow - add an "un cancel" transition from the status of "cancelled" back to another open status, and then use that.

0 votes

Hi

Thank you for replying this quickly.

It is more of the first problem you mentioned.

What happen was

-          I created my issue.

-          I started on the processes (Asses problem, Code solution, Development Testing)  up until Code review

-          Then the moderator of my code accidently clicked on the "Cancel" button and it cancelled my whole Issue and I cannot continue on my issue.

That is why I am asking is there a way to un-cancel my cancelled issue or a workaround? (There are 3 people that this happened to in my department, so I can help them as well)

If you give me your email address I can send you screen shots.             

Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2015

If this is case then this is How your Workflow is setup and it can be modified. You can Contact your JIRA Administrator to Update the workflow or if you have JIRA admin Privilege then you can modify the workflow as below. Now Currently as per your Description, I think when you clicked on Cancel you cannot go back to any transition. All you need to do is new add transition from *Cancel* and add new step to *Reopen* or anything suitable in your case. Development Testing --> Cancel Development Testing --> Approve or something Cancel --> Reopen or "Go back to Development Testing" This issue is due to your workflow and you can modify your workflow to fix this kind of issue in future. PS. If your Admin reluctant about workflow changes then to quickly get back all your details you can clone issue so that you don't have to re enter all details.

Suggest an answer