How do I turn on the Roadmap feature in Jira Software (ie. not Confluence roadmap macro)

Helen Ching October 18, 2018

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 7.01.04 PM.pngI read that this feature is now available in Jira Software.  Above is the screenshot from the Techcrunch article.  https://techcrunch.com/2018/10/18/atlassian-launches-the-new-jira-software-cloud/

How do I turn this feature on?  I can't seem to find a way.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Will October 18, 2018

On agility projects it will be in Settings > Features

Ganesh Babu Vasantha Rajan April 19, 2019

Even for a new scrum projects.. i don't see this option.. any other settings to be enabled? can there be a screen shot provided to understand the path ?

3 votes
Helen Ching October 18, 2018

Thanks very much for the quick reply, Will.  A follow up question:  I guess this feature is only for new projects I'm setting up now, and cannot be applied to existing projects already set up? 

If what I mentioned above is not true, then can you please show me how to turn this on for existing projects?

If what I mentioned above is true, then what is the best way for showing roadmaps for existing projects?  I was thinking of creating a new project and tasks underneath the new project, then link the old tasks/issues from the old project to the new project so that I can have the roadmap view.  But, there may be an easier way to do this that I'm not aware of. 

Can you please help?  Thanks!

Mateo Leyba October 30, 2018

I also can't find any documentation for this new feature or if it works on existing projects.

Will October 30, 2018

I'm not sure when the cutoff was but the feature appeared on my agility projects that I created in late July of this year.  I'm fairly new to Jira, wish I could help out more.

Mateo Leyba October 30, 2018

Thanks, after some more sleuthing it's only available on new projects I see.

0 votes
Mathias Dirksmeier December 17, 2020

A similar issue, andmaybe related for some of you. You currently cannot see child issues from other projects on the roadmap, please upvote here:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-21093 

Suggest an answer