How do I turn off email notifications when ending or starting sprints?

Bar T February 7, 2020

I didn’t realize when I hit the End Sprint option and Start sprint the team gets spammed with many notifications at once! How do I remove the notification in this action only?

I want to keep the team engaged with Jira updates but when they get too many they will just filter them away.

2 answers

3 votes
MOHAMED LAZRAK October 21, 2021

Hi all,

I have the same issue, each time I complete the sprint, everyone get notified with big number of emails.

There are too many notifications and the jira goes down because of that.

We really need this ability to disable the notifications for the action of completing a sprint.

It's very annoying that we don't have such ability.

Thanks

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2020

Hi @Bar T

By default, end sprint / start sprint would be in the "issue updated" notification which you can remove from your notification scheme - but, this would also remove all other updates made to the issue (eg. changes to summary, description, etc).

You can view more on notifications and what they do on this page.

There might be an option on the Marketplace which could help, depending on your host type. For example, I ran this search which has a few things you could trial!

Ste

Bar T February 7, 2020

Thanks Stephen! That’s what I thought but that seems silly to have so many notifications go through automatically. Unfortunately everyone will end up filtering their emails away, hopefully Atlassian will add this improvement. Wonder if I can request it....

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 7, 2020

Hi @Bar T

There are some similar suggestions out there - such as JSWSERVER-6395 / JSWCLOUD-6395

^ Although this does have a long discussion about the events being added and removed (the original suggestion was to add a specific event for them) - it does suggest separating them :)

Ste

Suggest an answer