How do I turn off AutoFormatting in our Issue text fields?

Hunter Trahan April 20, 2018

Both Customers and ourselves internally are struggling with autoformatting because our SKU lists are being formatted to look like smiley faces.

1234:P comes out 1234 and then a tongue face.

I would like to turn autoformatting off so that customers can copy and paste a massive list of SKUs without being greeted by a thousand tongues :)

3 answers

2 votes
Rodolfo April 23, 2018

Hi Hunter, you can achieve this by adding one of these macros around the text you want to not be autoformatted:

• {code}<text here>{code}
  • {noformat}<text here>{noformat}

So when you type 1234:P looks like this:

1234:P
Hunter Trahan April 23, 2018

This is excellent, thank you! Ideally we should have some way to turn off autoformatting as the default, but for now this will do.

Thank you!

Like Marcus Johansson likes this
Thiếu tá Phạm Xuân Bách December 10, 2018

Do you have other way? 

When I type 

{code}

1. aaa

{code}

If I enter after "aaa" text, it autoformat the 1. and insert 2. 

The {noformat} won't work, too.

My problem come when I copy and paste the whole paragraph, and it autoformat all, so I lost all my original formatting.

1 vote
Payne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2018

Another option is to escape the colon with a backslash, though that may not be feasible copying and pasting a large number of them.

e.g. 1234\:P

0 votes
Noel Yap February 23, 2021

I'm having similar issues in which "[A-Z0-9]{6}" is being reformatted by having a carriage return inserted before the `{`. Backslashing doesn't solve the issue.

Suggest an answer