It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I switch back to the old jira interface?

I made the mistake of switching to the new jira interface.

this is missing basic functionality and has a lot of useless whitespace.

I need to go back to the old one.

3 answers

Click on the little person icon in the lower left corner of jira.

and click personal settings.

Scroll down to the bottom to the Jira Labs section and turn off the new view.

It's a green check mark slider switch.

THANK YOU!!!! I had turned it off before, but it seems like they wanted to have me have it on and it came back. I seriously hate the new view.

Like # people like this

This is good news. The new interface is a big step back.

Like # people like this

Brilliant, thanks.

Like # people like this

the problem with old view though is that mentions in comments shown as uuid :(

3 votes
edwin Community Leader Jan 11, 2018

Hi Nicky,

You can do so from your profile link

Screen Shot 2018-01-11 at 07.16.21.png

ow this option in not available pls let me know how can i manage it

You can't go back any more.

pls guide me how can get back olde jira ui

This version of jira is too slow, please do something to revert this.

Again, you can't go back any more.

If you want the old UI, you need to migrate to server

wait. Is this answer for real?  So many things are not visible with the new interface.  Many people in my teams find it harder to discover information.    This cannot be; they'll reject it eventually if they are forcd to deal with this "streamlined" UI.

Like # people like this

Yes.  If you want the old UI, move to server.

No that's OK — I plan instead to continue to demand the choice between them, and to make noise and spread doubt of Atlassian's brand if the community is not listened to on this one. 

Like # people like this

I've gone back by turning off the Jira Labs feature in profile and settings page.

Not sure why Nic is suggesting that it can't be done.

2019-02-28 11_16_14-Personal Settings - JIRA.png

Like # people like this

Hi @Hrant - this worked a treat, thanks.  Do you know if there is a way to set this as a default, so as I add new users they don't have to change this individually?  Thanks.

Like Zachary Jones likes this

@Nikki Izatt 
Jira Settings | Default user preferences (under user interface)
Does not have an option for this, so I doubt that you'd be able to set this globally.

You'd have to ask Atlassian for that.

Good luck, seeing how this was shoved on us, and probably soon we won't even be able to go back to the more useful older Issue View and be forced to accept the new Issue View with all it's limitations.

Like Mayra Rodriguez likes this

Literally would cause mass abandonment.  There are field missing from the new UI that you just cannot get back. It's a nightmare. 

Like # people like this

Thank you so much for your instruction. I did it.

2 votes
pwu I'm New Here Jul 12, 2019

Yes!!! I can turn off the "New Jira issue view" on the Jira labs section of your personal setting.

Remember, you must keep talking about this in various places. Without mass 'outcry' about it, the atlassian product team shows all signs of taking away the ability to revert — out of some hubris that we are all 'too fussy' and 'need to give it up'.

Also, it's wrong that admins cannot give their teams the defaults that are preferred.

I had feedback bubble-up from multiple teams that 'people hated jira' and were asking we migrate to other tools.  Think about the time lost: all of those people dissatisfied at work, and researching other tools to replace the crappy jira experience they were now having. Then taking the time to talk about it as a team and bubble-up the feedback.  All because of this hubris from Jira Product team.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

273 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you