How do I show in a query when a change was made?

I am trying to build a query to list the items I have moved into a "ready for QA" state.  So far, I have:

status changed to "ready for qa" by <userid>

I can add after -7d to restrict this to just the items I moved to that state in the last week, but what I'd really like is to have another "synthetic" column that gives 'time when status changed to "ready for qa" by <userid>'.  I can't just look at the "updated" field, because other users could have updated the issue after me.  I want to see the time of the specific change that was made by me.

1 answer

0 votes

Built-in JQL doesn't allow to get what you want directly.

As a workaround, I think (never done myself) you can:

1. create a custom field of an appropriate type for managing dates
  2. set the current date to that custom field by adding a post function to all transitions to the status 'ready for QA'
  3. include your custom field to be shown as a column in your search results

Please, let me know if that approach works.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

23,866 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you