How do I show estimate total?

Hey there - 

Recently installed Estimates, but the totaling at the bottom of the sprint correlates to days somehow, rather than the minutes/hours needed. 

How can I change this setting?

jira.png

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg Community Champion Oct 02, 2017

Because you have more than 8 hours in the sprint. 

That seems silly - you can't so we can't have the estimate just be a sum of the estimates? Is that not an option at all?

It is a sum of the estimates.  Jira is making the total more human readable - most of us grasp "days/hours/minutes", but struggle with blocks of minutes.  480 minutes for example - not at all intuitive (Despite being a familiar standard working day in the West)

You can swap this in Admin -> Time Tracking, but generally most people will prefer "1d 6h 10m" to "850 m"

That's what I was looking for. it's easier to look at since we work on a time and materials basis, so scoping out sprints is based on the estimated hours allotted per engineer and the stories. 

you can do, 15.50h -- for me, this is ideal. 

thanks for your help! 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

61 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you