How do I show estimate total?

liirn October 2, 2017

Hey there - 

Recently installed Estimates, but the totaling at the bottom of the sprint correlates to days somehow, rather than the minutes/hours needed. 

How can I change this setting?

jira.png

1 answer

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2017

Because you have more than 8 hours in the sprint. 

liirn October 2, 2017

That seems silly - you can't so we can't have the estimate just be a sum of the estimates? Is that not an option at all?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2017

It is a sum of the estimates.  Jira is making the total more human readable - most of us grasp "days/hours/minutes", but struggle with blocks of minutes.  480 minutes for example - not at all intuitive (Despite being a familiar standard working day in the West)

You can swap this in Admin -> Time Tracking, but generally most people will prefer "1d 6h 10m" to "850 m"

liirn October 3, 2017

That's what I was looking for. it's easier to look at since we work on a time and materials basis, so scoping out sprints is based on the estimated hours allotted per engineer and the stories. 

you can do, 15.50h -- for me, this is ideal. 

thanks for your help! 

Suggest an answer