How do I show all issues with a link (linkedissue) using JQL

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2015

I know how to search for links of a specific #, but I can't figure out the JQL to just show all Issues that have a linked issue.  I am trying to find out what links users are using for story to story linking when there is a dependency. HELP!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
philleicht
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2015

Hello Jana,

alternatively, if you have Script Runner installed, you can use the following functions in JQL:

issueFunction in hasLinks()

This function supports a link description as parameters, e.g. to show only issues with a "blocks" Link:

issueFunction in hasLinks(blocks)

Additionally, there's he hasLinkType function, which looks for specific types of links. E.g. all issues with links of Type Duplicate:

issueFunction in hasLinkType("Duplicate")

You can of course provide additional filter criteria and combine them using AND and OR as usual using JQL.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,
Philipp

Christian Roestel November 21, 2019

Just to confirm, you cannot search for all linked issues with basic JQL.   you will need a 3rd party Add-on to extend JIRA's JQL capabilities. 

Like Heiko Richter likes this
CelesteCS March 4, 2020

Hi,

Here are the examples:

We are the vendor of the latest one, so feel free to ask any question regarding it.

Thanks!

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2015

You will need a plugin like JQL Tricks to do this.

Suggest an answer