How do I show a list of releases on a dashboard?

deborah duffy July 15, 2020

I need a dashboard gadget  to show releases in a simplified way like below. The data is there on the project, of course, but how can I display this on a dashboard? Or in Confluence? 

image.png

3 answers

3 votes
Raimundas Juska
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2020

Hi,

I have created a custom dashboard gadget that might help you - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1219429/status-progress-report-gadget-for-jira

While it does not entirely matches the one you describe, but is similar:

Untitled.png

deborah duffy July 16, 2020

Hello, and thank you for the response. Could you add Release and Release date to the gadget? That's what I need for this user.  

Raimundas Juska
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2020

Unfortunately, it is not configurable in such way.

deborah duffy July 16, 2020

Thank you. I'm logging this as a bug in Jira. 

Mike July 18, 2020

Let me try custom dashboard you created, and will see how it goes up.

Thanks for the help.

Mike

Steven Littlewood February 5, 2021

This is outstanding thank you. Easy to use and configurable enough to get a reasonable view of what you need without being too complex.

2 votes
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 6, 2021

Hi,

We develop a commercial app called Ronin Dashboards for Jira (about to launch the Confluence version) that provides a gadget to display releases:

Releases.png

And you can display releases from your current Jira instance, or you could also display releases from external Jira instances (just configuring a new datasource).

Ping me if you have questions gorka at roninpixels dot com

Regards

deborah duffy February 8, 2021

That looks nice. I need to report releases across multiple projects by quarter. Thank you!

Like Gorka Puente _Appfire_ likes this
Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 10, 2021

Coming in the next release!

Ryan Cooper January 10, 2022

Just installed the trial and wanted to provide the feedback because in its current form it is unusable for us:

1. The widget scales in a way that no matter how wide you make your browser window, only the progress bar gets wider. The version name does not. This is a huge problem because the release name isn't wide enough so gets truncated. We name all our releases using a format of `<project name> - <version>`. Using your tool, it always truncates before the version number which means you can't actually tell what release you are looking at. Either the version name column needs to scale better automatically or the config needs an option to adjust the display. In my case we don't even care about the progress bar. We just want a list of releases across multiple projects. 

2. The versions aren't clickable. This is a complete showstopper. Why can't we click on a version to actually see its details? (aka visit the release page) The workflow of having to go search for the version on whatever board it is on to learn about the release in question is an awful experience. 

My use case is specifically this:

Stakeholders at our company want an ongoing list of upcoming and completed releases across all projects in chronological order. They want to be able to see when it happened and be able to click through to read release notes and see what tickets were in which release. 

If Ronin were to add this functionality, we would subscribe to it in a heartbeat. 

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
January 11, 2022

Hey Ryan, can you create a support ticket in our support portal? 

I'll follow up myself there, I'd just need a screenshot of your releases gadget. I think we can improve those two issues easily :)

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
February 8, 2022

Hi @Ryan Cooper  just wanted to let you know that we have included these improvements in our roadmap and we'll include them in our next version 1.5.8. Best regards

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
February 10, 2022

Hi @Ryan Cooper

We just released the version 1.5.7 that includes the improvements you needed: Release names are not truncated and versions are clickable:

Screenshot 2022-02-10 at 19.28.10.png

Give it a try and let me know if that works for you!

1 vote
Mike July 15, 2020

I am also having the same question, so instead of posting a new question, I am watching this thread and looking for an answer.

Best,

Mike

Suggest an answer