How do I share dashboard with custom group

I have created Dashboard and I want to share only member of particular group. Does anyone know how I can do that. The custom group does not even show up on drop down list to share. See attached screenshot.JIRA_Dash_C1.JPG

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Accepted answer
Danny Zuccaro Community Champion Sep 29, 2017

Hi Navin,

Are you a member of the group you are looking to share the dashboard with? Believe you can only share with groups that you are also a member. 

Hope this helps,
Danny

Hi Danny 

That makes sense, for some reason I thought when I create the group it would have added me by default. I added myself in group and I could see the group and share with group. However the members of the group still cannot see under Dashboards. They cam see when they copy and paste the link to dashboard that I send.

Do I need to ask them to do something ? 

Thanks for the help ! 

Navin

Danny Zuccaro Community Champion Sep 29, 2017

Hi Navin,

When they are in the Dashboards section they can search for the one you've shared and then click it as a favourite so it appears in their my dashboard section. 

Glad to help and if this solved your question - could you please click the checkmark to the left to close the issue.

Thanks,

Danny

Thanks it worked. I had to fix some of the group settings and also it showed only when searched, not when you click on "All Dashboards".

Appreciate your help !

It worked for me as well. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

1,287 views 17 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you