How do I set up jira as a ticketing system?

I want to set up Jira as a proper ticketing system, how do I do it? I have looked into the plugin Jira Enterprise Mail Handler, but I do not know how to set it up correctly and I find the documentation unclear. Are there other options?

3 answers

1 vote

It's a "proper ticketing system" pretty much off-the-shelf, but I'm very well aware that people have completely different ideas of what such a system is.

I think you need to define some of your requirements before we can help you here. Roughly what purpose do you wish to put it to, what broad groups of user types do you have, and, because you mentioned JEMH, you obviously need something a bit more powerful than the default mail handling, so could you expand on what you want to do via email?

Documentation with JEMH is a challenge, if you have clear requirements Im always happy to advise. A recent page may help:

- Configure JEMH for a Helpdesk environment from scratch

If that doesn't fit your exact needs, feel free to create a support ticket on JEMH JIRA.

Great, I'll try the step by step, thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,520 views 15 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you