How do I set the custom status as Done ?

dew December 7, 2021

Actual: i create custom status, which is "READY FOR RELEASE" (green status, and i've set resolution = DONE)

but when i drag my card to ready for release, burn down chart not burning down, or jira didn't recognize those tasks is completed issues

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 16.21.47.png

Expectation: i need if i drag my card to "READY FOR RELEASE", the burn down chart will burn down, and jira recognize those tasks are a completed issues.

guys, is there any tips for that? i need tasks that have status ready for release, it makes burn down

note:
1. here the coloumn attached
Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 20.07.34.png
2.here the evidence = resoution done
Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 20.11.39.png
3. My active sprint board looks like this:
Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 20.30.06.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

Hi @dew , welcome to the community!

For an issue to be seen as 'Done' in a sprint, the status that the issues are in must be mapped to the right-most column of the Sprint board. I would check the config of your board to make sure that the Ready for Release status is mapped to this column

dew December 7, 2021

halo @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ thankyu for your respon

here the pict. attached
Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 20.07.34.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2021

Hi @dew 

The burndown chart will only think that issues in Ready for Release are completed if this status is mapped to the final (green) column of your board.

So you will need to map this status to the column next to it (and then you can remove this empty column)

move status.png

dew December 7, 2021

@Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_  aaaa i seee, is it not possible to set the ready for release to make burndown chart burn down separately?

instead of i map that status in last column to avoid miss communication/human error if they drag to done?
because our the definition of done is if we deploy features

Community Leader
Community Leader
December 9, 2021

@dew Unfortunately not no, the final column is what Jira uses to mark the tasks as 'Done' and therefore edits the burndown chart.

One suggestion is that you could only have the Ready for Release (and maybe Won't Do) status on the final column of the board, and then you could create a separate Kanban board within your project with two columns - one as Ready for Release and the second as Done, and this board could be used to track the releasing of issues?

dew December 12, 2021

aaaaa..... good insight thankyu for your advicee brooo @Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_ !!!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events