How do I set the Jira Cloud homepage to a specific Dashboard?

Raihan Islam September 3, 2019

Currently, when I or a colleague login to our Jira, it goes just to list of "Projects", and we have to manually look for / at the left-hand navigation menu to switch to "Dashboards":

jirahomepage.png

How can we configure Jira Software Cloud always to go to a homepage of our choosing, such as a System Dashboard (or other Dashboard)?

7 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2019

@Raihan Islam 

When you click on Dashboards do you get a screen like the following? Try to create a dashboard, then make it your favorite.

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 10.51.25 PM.png

Raihan Islam September 4, 2019

I made it my favorite, but when I login to Jira, I am not automatically directed to this Dashboard.  I still see a list of Projects first.  What can I configure to make this Dashboard the home page default?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2019

@Raihan Islam my mistake you did mention it is cloud.

Usually once you have a Dashboard it should be the first one you see when you open your instance.

When you click on Dashboards, do you see yours on the list?

Raihan Islam September 5, 2019

@Fadoua When I open my instance or click on https://<space>.atlassian.net/secure/MyJiraHome.jspa - it automatically goes to https://<space>.atlassian.net/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa

I would rather that opening the instance goes straight to the Dashboard.  When I click on Dashboards, even then, it redirects to https://<space>.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa - and even if I add multiple random dashboards, clicking on "Dashboards" will go directly to the latest Dashboard I am using.  The only way to view other dashboards, is to click on "Find Dashboard" in the menu at the top right of the Dashboard view:

jiramenufinddashboard.png

Under "Jira Settings" https://<space>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/GlobalSettings.jspa I cannot find a setting to configure what my Jira home page is, though I would like it to be a Dashboard, and not the "Browse Projects" page.

Thank you in advance for your review.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 5, 2019

@Raihan Islam 

It is not feasible in JIRA Cloud. Unfortunately it will take you to the latest Dashboard you used.

You can vote here for the feature:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69635?_ga=2.128979212.1092439019.1567722987-241261131.1567722987

All the best,

Raihan Islam September 6, 2019

@Fadoua Thank you for the clarification regarding latest Dashboards.  I have read the feature link as well, it says "In the new UI users don't have the option to set Boards or personal Dashboard as their default homepage instead of the current dashboard."  But I cannot even understand how to make sure the default homepage even goes to the current dashboard, because it simply defaults to the "Projects" page, listing all projects.

My original query, currently unresolved, is: if I log into Jira, is there a feature that lets me arrive at my Dashboard as the very first page (home page)? 

Currently, it appears the process is:

1. Login, which automatically takes the user to "Projects"

2. Click on "Dashboards"

I would like to know if this is possible:

1. Login, which automatically takes the user to "Dashboards"

It is not clear that logging into Jira automatically takes you to the latest Dashboard you used (because, this does not happen - it only takes the user to "Projects", which is not the desired result).  Thank you again for reviewing.

Like # people like this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2019

I know exactly what you are looking for @Raihan Islam , unfortunately it is only

available in JIRA Server. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 9.23.01 AM.png

Like # people like this
Raihan Islam September 6, 2019

@Fadoua understood, thank you.

Like Fadoua likes this
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 6, 2019

Thank you for accepting my answer @Raihan Islam ! Salamu alikum

5 votes
Jonathan Dunn October 15, 2019

Hi @Fadoua can you explain why this feature isn't available, when I have the ability to choose between "Projects" or "Your work" as a homepage, why can't I choose dashboards as my home page?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2019

@Jonathan Dunn  Sorry I missed your question, sometimes we experience issues with the site. If you are a cloud user it is not an option unfortunately.

2 votes
TS November 25, 2019

FYI, this feature USED to be available. We did it in our organization. It's disappointing that the feature was removed. Now, when we add new users to our organization, it's confusing for them.

0 votes
Srikanth Ganipisetty March 20, 2021

It's disappointing, hopefully team will help us in cloud to keep projects, your work, dashboards as 3 options to set homepage by ourselves. 

0 votes
Bryn December 15, 2020

also voting for:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69635?_ga=2.266444366.1957884546.1575399304-323237558.1563235659 

as this is a barrier to adoption in multi project scenarios

0 votes
John Rebelos December 8, 2019

we just moved to cloud, and this is definitely a step backwards....

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2019

@John Rebelos  did you move to Atlassian Cloud?

John Rebelos December 8, 2019

yes

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2019

Unfortunately it is not an option for Cloud Users @John Rebelos 

Like Bryn likes this
0 votes
Chris Snyder December 4, 2019

I remember this feature as well.  For newer users, a dashboard that has "issues assigned to me" is practically vital.  The current landing page is also virtually useless.

I am also voting for:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69635?_ga=2.266444366.1957884546.1575399304-323237558.1563235659

Suggest an answer