How do I set start and end dates on a sprint after created?

I have start and end date on sprints (e.g. Sprint 1) and later tried to set date in some sprints (Sprint 2 + 3) but the field to enter dates do not exist.

What to do? Please note below attached screen dumps!

Sprint with dates.PNGSprint without dates.PNGSprint without dates2.PNG 

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Mats,

Are these the only sprints you're running into this issue with?  If not, try the following and let me know if this works for you:

1. For an active sprint, go to Work Mode
  2. Hover over the sprint and click the Cog. An inline dialog appears.
  3. Hover over the start or end date and click the Calendar icon
  4. At the bottom of the calendar, there is the time component. You can interact with this by clicking and or dragging.

There is a Suggestion that you can find at JSWSERVER-11114 - Add ability to change sprint completion date (agile board).

Please review JSWSERVER-11114 and if that is indeed the issue you're experiencing vote on the issue to add impact and you'll be notified of any changes to the ticket.

Cheers,

Branden

Must be different Jira setup as I can not find any "Work Mode" in my Jira...

This widget could not be displayed.

If you already started the sprint it's not obvious how to change the sprint dates.  Solution follows.

I wish that Jira support folks with actually post screenshots and intelligible instructions rather that cryptic comments like "go to Work Mode".  What the heck is work mode?  Of course your Jira might be set up totally differently from mine (because, Jira!) but here goes.  I have a scrum board setup. I use Jira cloud. 

On the left panel click on the "backlog" icon (see below). 

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 9.20.51 PM.png

Note, I said "backlog". Not Active Sprint as you might suspect.  Yes, this is about modifying an active sprint, but don't think logically.  It's not there.  Because, ... Jira.

Now you might have to scroll up to the top of the list of the current active sprint (Jira will automatically jump the screen to the "selected" issue).

Once you're actually looking at the top of the list of issues for the active sprint in the backlog view, look for the "..." button to the right of the text "Linked Pages <N>".  It should be above (right aligned) the list of issues in the sprint.

See the pic below:

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 9.32.16 PM.png

Click on the "..." button and you should see this:

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 9.35.18 PM.png

Click on "Edit sprint" and you'll hopefully get something like this:

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 9.37.53 PM.png

You can now modify the start and end dates as required.

Now why you can't do this from the sprint view where it more naturally belongs is a complete mystery to me.  Like many such things with Jira, I throw my hands in the air and sigh (when I'm in a charitable mood). 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

218 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you