How do I set sprint start time and duration with project automation

PJB July 28, 2020

Hello,

I'm currently building a suite of rules (with the "Project automation" plugin) for when a Sprint starts.  The intention of each Sprint is to run for 12 hours (i.e. 7am to 7pm) and will be immediately followed by another Sprint which runs for another 12 hours (i.e. 7pm to 7am).

I've successfully established a number of rules which clone issues and change issue field values, adding and removing them from the active Sprint, etc.

I'm currently working with the below rule and although the rule audit log indicates "Success" as the status and the action details show "Set entity property" as "Successfully set entity property" the actual sprint start/finish times (as viewed from the Backlog screen is unaffected (I've set the start time to the day before and default duration is 4 weeks).

Can anyone see why this rule isn't changing the start/end times?

As a matter of interest, I've referenced the following page in an effort to  correctly estimate the property values:

Hopefully my problem is as simple as adjusting the syntax!!!

I greatly appreciate any help you may offer.

• Shift Duration screenshot.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Chaimungkalanont
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2020

Unfortunately, I don't think we can do what you're asking here. The "set entity property" action will set the property of the Project and not of the Sprint. 

I think what you need is something like https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/browse/AUT-704

I'll link this community post to the ticket and it'll count as a vote for the feature

PJB August 3, 2020

Thanks Mark, much appreciated.

Suggest an answer