How do I set a user to see only some sprints and its items for a specific project?

Chim Kan July 22, 2021

I need to invite a client to our Jira project and I want to show the Jira cards from 2 specific sprints instead of the whole project. Also, the client cannot edit but only comment on the cards. 

How can I set her up?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

You would need to give the client (view only) access to all the projects included in the sprints, and then set up an "issue security scheme" that had at least one security-level that your client is not in.  Then you would have to set that level on all issues not in the two sprints.

This is not a simple solution, you'll almost certainly want to automate it, and changing security levels all the time could be a right pain.

What is the logic behind only letting a client see a sprint?  Why shouldn't they see everything in the projects?

Chim Kan July 22, 2021

We use the other sprint as a placeholder or archive items from past requests. It's not mandatory per se. 

So you are saying that it's easy just to restrict which project the user can access, but that person can view everything without the sprint restriction, is that right?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2021

That is correct, a person can see a project or not.

You can get more granular with issue security, not sprints.

Suggest an answer