How do I see story points in a JIRA Dashboard - e.g. number of story points by status

Pierre Oosthuizen May 12, 2022

Trying to get a cross tab of story points by issue / ticket status

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alberto Salvante
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2022

Hi Pierre,

I think you have to use the "Filter Results" gadget and then add the "story points" field in the gadget configuration.

Screenshot 2022-05-13 at 09.41.42.png

Hope it helps.

Best,
Alberto

Pierre Oosthuizen May 13, 2022

Thanks, Alberto - I will give it a try

Alberto Salvante
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2022

Hi Pierre,

your'welcome!

Don't forget to accept my answer if it was helpful. ^^

Thank you!
Alberto

Shivam Nandi November 16, 2022

I don't think this is the solution.
The best solution I could find is the "Sprint Health Gadget" 
I would have preferred a pie chart though.

0 votes
Sandstorm Media GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 29, 2023

Hi @Pierre Oosthuizen,

we're a bit late to the party but if you're fine with a marketplace app that adds a lot of value to your reports, I'd be more than happy to recommend you our BI tool Exply :)

exply-hero-image-2.jpg

If you like we can schedule a quick demo call to show you around. Just hit me up via fabian@exply.io :)

Cheers,
Fabian from Exply

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 29, 2023

Hi @Pierre Oosthuizen ,

As an alternative, you can try Reports - Charts and Graphs for Jira app developed by our team. You can get a bar chart of sum of story points by status as in the below screenshot. sum of story points by status.png

Here is our live demo dashboard where you can see and modify any sample report and play with its chart. If you are looking for a free solution, you can try the limited version Reports - Charts and Graphs for Jira Dashboard Free. Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer